Our Island

The Landings consists of 4,555 acres, 151 Lagoons, 91 miles of roads, 2 marinas, 10 bridges, a nature trail, a native plant trail, a dog park and more. Home to approximately 8,500 residents, The Landings is situated on Skidaway Island defined by the Wilmington River to the north, Skidaway Narrows to the west, the Vernon River to the south, and Romerly Marsh and Wassaw Island to the east.

While there were Timucua Indians and farmers settling on this island in the earliest years, it wasn’t until 1941 when Union Camp Organization bought 5,000 acres on Skidaway Island that the island became populated in great numbers. With Union Camp also came a drawbridge that enabled the island to be more accessible and desirable for development. A subsidiary of Union Camp and a land developer, the Branigar Corporation, began what is now known as The Landings development in the early 1970s. The original development would take four phases, and eventually be deeded to The Landings Association for the continued service of the residents. Two additional phases were annexed into the community in 2003 and 2004. For more information, go to www.thelandings.com.

Seventy-five percent of the residents of The Landings are members of The Landings Club which includes six 18-hole golf courses, all certified as Audubon Cooperative Sanctuaries since 2002, and re-certified every other year since. In addition the club has tennis, pool and fitness facilities. Each of the four club houses has restaurants, three of the four include pro shops and the fourth has a free-standing pro shop. The Landings Club ranks 15th among the largest employers in Savannah. For more information go to www.thelandingsclub.com.

Connect with us!